- Wednesday, 11 December
- 1/85 Dunning Avenue, Rosebery
20 percent off storewide*
The Lucky Door Prize
One lucky attendee will win a Seljak Dune Blanket, valued at $329. Make sure you collect a raffle ticket on the night for the chance to win. We will draw the winning raffle ticket at 8pm.
We are two sisters who imagine a world without waste. We're finding new ways of making and using beautiful things that are regenerative by design.
Seljak Brand launched in March 2016 and has since worked towards accelerating the transition towards a more circular economy. Our closed loop blankets are made from recycled merino wool offcuts from the factory floor of Australia’s oldest mill in Tasmania.
The blankets are 70% recycled Australian merino wool and a 30% blend of recycled alpaca, mohair and polyester for strength. Wool is a natural fibre that is incredibly hard to replicate – it’s a renewable resource, it is odour and stain resistant, antibacterial, lightweight, breathable and insulating.
After the blanket has enjoyed a long, adventurous life – they're cosy enough for indoors and durable enough for outdoors – we’ll collect it free of charge using Sendle, a carbon neutral courier service. Back at the mill, we’ll shred it and spin it into new yarn to make future blankets.
This circular model allows us to divert waste from landfill and create a luxurious and useful blanket for your cosiness.
The Show Bag
For one night only we have 50 show bags available. They are $50 each and worth a whopping $600.
Here’s what’s inside:
- Troopy Travel Cup, $55
- Koskela Beach Bag, $25
- Koskela Keyring, $50
- Koskela Card Holder, $35
- Koskela wrapping paper and gift tag, $10
- Raconteur Red Centre Candle, with 10 percent of profits going to Tjanpi Desert Weavers, $69
- Monochrome Coffee Co. Impact Blend Coffee, $13
- Kester Black Nail Polish, $20
- Lunch at 10 Pomegranate Street by Felicita Sala, $27.99 OR Plastic: past, present, and future by Eun-ju Kim & Ji-won Lee, $27.99
- HEY TIGER handmade social enterprise chocolate, $5.50
- Kowtow organic and fairtrade Stagelight Boyfriend shirt, $99
- Settler Seeds, $11.90
- Dindi Naturals hemp bag filled with soap pieces, $25
- Rohr Remedy Australian Wildflower Deodorant, $18
- Bondi Wash Mini Room Mist Spray, $15
- Fruity Sacks Bamboo Produce bags x3, $14.90
- Mr. Kitly Pot, $9.50
- Handsome Devils Co. Hot Sauce, $15
- Tangentyere Art Centre Biscuit Tea Towel, $35
- Dumbo Feather, Issue 58: Healing The Land, $22
- Penguin Summer Book. One of the following titles:
- The Yield by Tara June Winch, $32.99
- We are the Weather: Saving the Planet Starts at Breakfast by Jonathan Safran Foer, $35
- On Fire by Naomi Klein, $29.99
- Born-again Blakfella by Jack Charles, $34.99
- No one is too small to make a difference by Greta Thunberg, $5.99 + 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari, $22.99
Total = $608.78
To purchase a show bag we will run a ballot. You can enter on the night from 6pm, and we will send you a SMS if you have been successful between 7-7.30pm. Any unclaimed show bags will be redrawn at 8pm.
About the Troopy Travel Cup
Developed exclusively for the show bag, only 50 of these travel cups have been made.
Koskela commissioned one of our favourite ceramicists, Arcadia Scott, to interpret the linocut designs of Judy Manany onto a travel cup.
Judy Manany is an artist at Elcho Island Arts. For Christmas 2019 we have been working with the community owned art centre to license artworks that depict Elcho Island life.
Located off the north-east coat of Arnhem Land, Elcho Island is resplendent with Pandanus trees and the primary mode of transport is a troopy (troop carrier). This scene has been captured on the travel cup, and the 50 people who get to take one home in their show bag are very lucky indeed!
*20 percent off discount excludes art, books, Loom rugs and social impact pendants.
Hi, will the sale be online also? I live remotely and won’t be able to swing by the store. Cheers