Our PBS Desk is a Koskela original, made in Australia. Developed in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, this desk is specially designed to create an ergonomic WFH base. We've paired this refine piece with our classic upholstered Jake chair, now available in a variety of vibrant or muted powder coat finishes.
For those who prefer a larger expanse to work from, we have you covered with the multi-functional use of our Brolga dining table. This table is also made in Australia and can be custom built with an 8-week turn around, or if you're ready to bring this elegant design into your home, we have floor-stock available for purchase at 30 percent off.
To help infuse all your creative and productive juices, we have some practical tips to keep your mind focused and your limbs buttery.
Firstly, it is important to create distinction between your sanctuary and your workspace. We're going to help you replace the morning commute to work with a few morning rituals ready for adoption depending on your style.
- Give your workspace a unique smell, different smells trigger structures in the brain which play a major role in controlling mood, memory, behaviour and emotion. Therefore, if you have a particular candle, incense or diffuser for your workspace and you begin to associate that smell with work, it will help you transition into a focused state of mind. We have some beautiful, Australian made options here.
- As tempting as it may be to roll out of bed and into your workspace, a great way to feel invigorated and ready for the day is a gentle morning workout. Some which we have tried and tested are:
- Bodylove Pilates online workouts
- Boho Beautiful yoga videos
- We've all heard a lot about getting dressed up and ready for work to help you get into the zone. A simple and affordable way to make yourself feel empowered and ready to take on the day is a fresh lip colour or nail-polish or grooming equipment, we have options for everyone.
Secondly, prepare for your day as if you were leaving the house... you know what that means, meal-prep! This will keep you in the good habit of preparing nutritious and economically savvy meals to help stimulate all those WFH epiphanies. Here are some great recipes to get you in the mood.
- Overnight oats - For that low GI release of energy throughout the day
- Bliss Balls - For a simple and healthy mid-morning snack
- Frittata - Whether you're vege or a meat lover, this page has the frittata for you
We're learning as we go here, just like you guys on how to best operate under these unsteady circumstances. However, one thing we know for certain, is good design. Which we hope to constantly inspire and motivate you with.
Shop the entire WFH range.